Foreigner Registration procedure
Those Eligible for Foreigner Registration
- Foreigners intending to stay in Korea for more than 90 days after entry
- A former Korean who have acquired a foreign nationality after losing the Korean one or a foreigners born in Korea, who are given residence status and intend to stay for more than 90 days.
- Exceptions to Foreigner Registration - The following are exempt from registering as foreigners
- Those carrying out Diplomacy (A-1), Official business (A-2), or Conventions/Agreements (A-3) and their family members
- Those undertaking diplomatic, industrial, or other important duties for the national security, their family members, and other foreigners found to be unnecessary to register as foreigners by the Minister of Justice
- Foreigners from Canada intending to stay for less than 6 months, who has following visa status-> Cultural Arts (D-1), Religious Affairs (D-6), Family visitation (F-1), dependent Family (F-3), Miscellaneous (G-1)
Registration due by
- Foreigners intending to stay for more than 90 days in Korea after entry
→ within 90 days of entry
- Foreigners granted appropriate status or permission for a status change
→ Immediately after being notified of the new status.
Example) B-2 (Tourism/Transit) holding Canadian nationals applying for change of their status after five months of stay, must register upon application
< posted : 02/01,2008 >