> Infomation > Immigration Guide

Participation in activities uncertified for current sojourn status

Obtaining Permission to Engage in Activities beyond the limits of Current Status Manual of sojourn for all visas
Enlarge Font Size Reduce Font Size Print
Obtaining Permission to Engage in Activities Beyond the Limits of Current Status.
Obtaining Permission to Engage in Activities Beyond the Limits of Current Status
Unauthorized activities
  • Foreigners seeking to carry out activities beyond the limits of their current status (hereby referred to as unauthorized activity) without changing their status of stay must receive permission to do so prior to actually engaging in the said activity.
  • Should the aforementioned activities become the main purpose of their stay, such permission will not be granted, and they must therefore leave the country and re-enter with a new visa, or apply to change their status of stay.
General Principles
  • Those with single-entry visa for less than 90 days of stay are not permitted to carry out unauthorized activities.
  • If hours spent in unauthorized activities are longer than the original workplace, or if it brings in more income, then permission for unauthorized activities will not be granted.
  • If the foreigner involved has a record of poor work conduct (such as maintaining multiple workplaces) or is otherwise considered to be acting against national interests, permission for unauthorized activities will not be granted.
  • Permission for unauthorized activities is not required for those foreigners seeking to learn Korean at a college-run foreign institute or receive instructions from specialists of Korean traditional culture or arts.
Application Period
  • Those seeking to participate in unauthorized activities must obtain permission to do so before engaging in such activities.
How to apply
  • Present the required documents to the local Immigration Office (may be applied by an appointed agent)
  • A foreign student status(D-2) holder seeking a part-time job(S-3)
  • A Religious Affairs status(D-6) wants to give a lecture(E-1) to a university or college
< posted : 02/01,2008 >


Immigration Contact Center 1345
로고 외국인을 위한 전자정부


  • Join, Reserve Visit, Immigration Related Information : 1345 (FAX : (02)2650-4550)
  • Recruitment / Employment Related Informationtion(Ministry of Labor) : 1577-1350